Monday, March 24, 2014

Prompts

I will never, if possible, let the can of whip cream explode at work again. While this caused lots of laughter, it caused more of a mess. Little did I know that there was a certain way to wash the old whip cream can. You have to slowly let all the air out, that I knew. I did not know however, that if you didn't make sure every bit of air was out that whatever whip cream was still in there would explode all over the place. I shot whip cream all over a 8 foot radius and all over myself. After the screams, people naturally laughed at the situation and then some of them helped me wipe up the explosion. It was all over the place. A week later I was still finding random sprays of whip cream. I will never do that again. That's a light note of something that I will never do again. I can't think of something else. Oh. I've decided that I never want to sleep in all day again. I don't really sleep all day, but when I decide to sleep in and have nothing going on that day I tend to stay in my bed as long as I can possibly keep myself there. I think the last time I did this I was in bed until 1:45. That's so much of the day wasted! Yes, sleep is important but embracing the day is more important. Plus, it usually makes you more tired and lazy when you sleep all day like that then it does when you wake up early and get going. I want to see more sunrises than anything this year. So I will never sleep until 2 again.
Those two things are still on the lighter side compared to some deeper, more personal things I could talk about. Like how I will never date someone just to date them again. but we won't go into that 'cause we're out of time. Lucky me.

She has hair that shines like the sun. Not only does her hair shine, but her stunning blue eyes do and so does her bubbly and outgoing personality. Some would say she's a southern belle. I'd say she fits that stereotype. Some crack jokes at her, but the ironic thing about that is she's top in our class so she just laughs along. This girl is my little sister. We're twins, but we look opposite in pretty much every way. My hair is as black as a raven, I have green eyes, and I am the quiet one. I love my sister and I love our differences.

I watched as the little munchkin stomped off, stopped dead in his tracks, and inhaled heavily. I knew it was coming. The deafening scream of youngin that didn't get his way is something every single human beaing dreads. I waited. Three, two, one....there it was. Worse than nails on a chalk board. I continued to observe his temper tantrum. Some kids thrash around on the ground, kicking their legs and flailing their arms, but not this one. He just stood there. Eyes staring dead straight at his mom and screamed. And screamed. And screamed. It was almost comical, but at the same time terrifying.

I get in my car and start my drive home. I can't think of what kind of music to play because I can't figure out what mood I'm in or what mood I want to be in. I feel numb. So I roll the windows down thinking the fresh air will help get me out of my own head for a bit. Instead, I get irritated with every single piece of stray hair that is flying around. So I roll the windows back up. What is bothering me so much. What is making me feel this way. I can't figure it out. Usually on my drive home I blast my music and sing at the top of my lungs. I usually have the windows down and it doesn't matter what I'm listening to. Today is not one of those days. Today I am not happy.






No comments:

Post a Comment