Friday, January 24, 2014

Lost and Found

Today, a lil Lincon Log was found. We'll call him Abe. Because of Abraham Lincon of course. Seeing Abe reminds me of my childhood and all my mind is flooded with fond memories. My brother and I used to build castles and cabins with hundreds of Abes. I also am reminded of how painful it was to step on an Abe. I wonder how this Abe found our classroom. Mrs.A of course helped him get here because she found him on the floor. But I wonder how he got to the floor. Maybe he fell out of someone's backpack and they have no idea he's missing. Maybe a young mom brought her kid to school today and the little guy threw a fit and dropped Abe. I don't know. All I know is Abe is probably wondering where he is and what is so special about him that 17 college students are writing about him. I wonder if he has experienced a lot of adventures. If he's participated in many Robin Hood or Lord of the Rings reenactments. I wonder if he misses his owner or if he's enjoying his break and will adjust nicely to the classroom setting. I think we should look around the school for more Abes. What if the same person who dropped him or misplaced him also left behind some of his friends. Maybe we can find them and build something. Or maybe there will be so many of them that it'll be like following a bread crumb trail and we'll end up face to face with the person that is dropping their beloved Abes. And who knows, maybe we'll find out that he knew he was dropping them all along and he wanted to send us on an adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment