Friday, February 7, 2014

In Response to Mrs.A's "This I Believe"

I relate to believing in the power of stuff. The right stuff. I hate having too much stuff. I hate clutter. I'm a little OCD and a little on the neat-freak side. Well, okay my whole room is usually sparkling and my clothes are color-coordinated. Maybe I'm a lot on the neat-freak side. Just as much as I hate clutter, I hate it when I feel like I have to keep up with society by buying certain things to impress certain people. Sometimes I even hate how much I spend on myself. I return things I buy for myself a lot because I often feel like I am being too materialistic. When it comes to getting other people gifts, however, I will spend a significant amount of time thinking about and researching the perfect gift for that person. And usually, I get them more than one thing. I love giving gifts that mean something. I will spend twice the amount of money to get the perfect gift rather than getting something I think they might like. I am a gift giver and I love getting gifts. I love it when someone puts time into getting me something. It doesn't even have to be a nice gift, it could be a stick with a bow on it that represented an inside joke and I'd be ecstatic and keep it forever. I'd probably even frame it. That to me, is the power of the right stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment